Bear’s Frontier Scouts Summer Camp
Bear is excited to invite boys to his summer leadership and wildlands adventure camp. Bear has spent well over a half century as a trapper, hunter, guide, outfitter, cowboy and Indian. In the tradition of an Elder to his grandsons, the purpose of his frontier scout camp is to pass down what he has learned from life on the Past frontier, to help guide them through life on the ever challenging new frontier of modern society. Boy’s summer camp is focused on survival, bush craft, proper care and use of knives, axes, saws, campfire cooking, hikes, compass work and more… These camps are a great way to make certain your son doesn’t end up still living in your basement when he’s forty.
Camp includes meals, trapper tent accommodations, tools and equipment. Bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and personal items. Call to see if your son is right for this camp. This camp will help provide the skills and discipline necessary for the evolution from boyhood to manhood. There are no Apps for Honor, Courage, Duty and Maturity.
Please click here to view the dates and more details for our 2018 boys summer horse camps. Wildhorse Ranch & Outfitters is located in Central Alberta two hours North West of the Calgary Airport or two hours South West of the Edmonton International Airport. Please see our contact us page to see a map of our location and to ask any questions you might have.
Why Choose Wildhorse Camp?
- We love our horses! We have been raising horses for over 35 years and we are extremely proud of our tame, safe and happy horses!
- We are horse camp specialists! We have been running Wildhorse Ranch for over 15 years! Our horses are extremely well trained and we have a stellar safety record thanks to that training!
- Ride, Live and Learn with our amazing horses! Our Boys Summer Horse Riding Camps are an event you won’t ever forget!
- Boys gain courage, confidence and life skills through horsemanship at our summer riding camps!
- We are proud to offer small group sizes and we match boys with similar levels of experience so that they can ride together! Lifelong friendships aren’t required but they certainly are encouraged!
- Our camps provide excellent meals and accommodations in beautifully rustic cabins! Making life long friendships and spending time with other boys is part of the camp’s fun!
- A Good Horse is Never a Bad Color – we provide horses with kind eyes, big hearts and a passion for life! Some of our horses have had bad experiences with previous owners but in our herd they have found a place to belong where they are loved and cared for. Our horses live with us year round so we have a deep understanding of their character traits. Thus, we have a stellar safety record. We have just retired two of our “older horses” at the wonderful age of 30! Like us, when horses have a purpose in life and are well cared for they live happy and full lives! We are extremely proud of how we treat our horses and of our rescue program and our campers get to share in that experience and pride with us!
- Camp boys and staff come from across Canada, US, Europe and Asia! We are a multi-national camp with the bond of horses to draw us together!
- Part of our program is to rescue and re-train horses to fit our camp programs, thus when you send a child to camp you are also helping improve the lives of some amazing horses!
Bear’s Frontier Scouts Summer Camp Schedule: Drop-off on Monday at 10:00 am. Pick up on Friday at 3:00 pm.
Bear’s Frontier Scouts Summer Camp Cost: $500.00 + GST.
Bear’s Frontier Scouts Summer Camp Dates:
July 9th – 13th, 2018 | Ages: 12 – 17
July 16th – 20th, 2018| Ages 9 – 12
Camp includes meals, trapper tent accommodations, tools and equipment. Bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and personal items. Call to see if your son is right for this camp. This camp will help provide the skills and discipline necessary for the evolution from boyhood to manhood.
Call today to book your Bear’s Frontier Scouts Camp! 1-403-729-2910