Girls Horsemanship and Adventure Camp
WELCOME to Wildhorse Ranch. We are an educational, skills development camp with over 30 years of experience, where the participants “learn by doing”.
- Leadership & life skills through horsemanship and land based learning
- Horses and outdoors help build confidence and self-esteem
- Safety & Safety protocols are the first thing we teach and then follow up on them
- Ground work with the horses – sets a great foundation of horse skills
- Find your voice – this is a critical life skill, very important working with horses, the outdoors and people
- Riding instruction – improves your balance and connection to the horse and yourself (team-work)
- Instruction and practice in using knives, axes, starting fires, building survival shelters, hikes in the forest: all help with awareness and understanding the natural world
- Games on horseback – FUN!
- Management Lessons – educational component about respecting and honoring the land and animals
- Information on the “Wild Horse Model” – letting horses be horses, don’t treat them like humans…
- Evening outdoor adventure games and Free time
Our schedule is not set in stone. This horse/adventure camp is meant to be FUN.
½ day with the horses, ½ day with adventure activities
Let’s Make New, Great Memories!
About our Horses
Our large herd is a splendid array of colors, breeds and personalities, we select our horses based on a soft eye and a kind heart and they are well-trained, SAFE riding horses. We love to watch the guests find a match with that special horse that is just theirs for the week – with coaching from us the guests pick their own horse from the herd. The Wildhorse Herd lives outside, year-round and enjoys the freedom of being able to run and play in our fields and forests. We keep the horses minds and spirits alive and happy which gives our guests a great experience.
Sample Day for Camps
Adventure/Horsemanship Camps are educational and hands on – learning life skills and leadership by “Doing”!
8:00 – 9:00 – Wake up, wash up, tidy cabin
9:00 – 10:00 – Breakfast & clean up
10:00 – 12:00 – Adventure/Horsemanship*
12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch and clean-up
2:00 – 4:30 – Adventure/Horsemanship*
4:30 – 6:00 – Put away horses/tools etc. Snack- daily chores – free time
6:00 – 7:00 – Supper & clean up chores
7:00 – 9:00 – Campfire, evening activities
10:00 pm – Lights out
Campers are split into 2 groups: each day they will spend part of the day doing Horsemanship Activities and part of the day doing Adventure-Woods Craft Skills. We also have ample opportunity during the day and in the evening for “horse watching” of the big herd and that is where you can learn a lot about “horse language”.
This is an opportunity to feel and connect with life, one’s self and Mother Earth. Learning by living and experiencing.
Girls Horsemanship & Adventure Camp Restrictions: Ages 10 and Up
Girls Horsemanship & Adventure Camp Schedule: Drop-off on Monday at 10:00 am. Pick up on Friday at 3:00 pm.
We provide excellent meals and rustic accommodations in pine cabins. Our day is very flexible depending on the weather and the projects being worked on…
Call today to book your Girls Summer Horse Riding Camp! 1-403-729-2910
Girls Horsemanship & Adventure Camp Cost: $600 + GST / person
Parents are welcome to attend this camp to learn along with their children – making memories that last a lifetime!