Wildhorse Ranch & Bear’s Frontier Custom Land Based Learning Development
Every race on earth originated from the same source. Our Mother Earth. We all came from the land. Our journey has taken all of us far from our roots and beginnings. Now is the time to remember who we are and where we came from. Now is the time to come home to the land. One Earth, One People.
I highly recommend Bear and Diane’s Wildhorse Ranch experience to Principals everywhere. Nowhere else will your staff and students find a better connection to Mother Earth and all she can provide by way of traditional Land Based Learning and Soulful and Honest exploration of Self in an environment of horses, nature and enduring kindness and caring.
~ Bryan Richardson, principal Taotha Community School.
What is Land Based Learning?
What is land based learning?
What are the benefits of this type of education?
How do you teach it?
Land Based Learning is far more about feeling and experience. You must learn it by living it. You cannot learn about the land or from the land in a classroom or out of a book. Land Based Learning is for everyone with the desire and respect to return to the Mother Earth community.
We have spent most of our lives living in harmony with the land along with our herd of fifty horses and assorted dogs and cats. Wildhorse Ranch consists of over 300 hundred acres of mostly untouched land upon which we live and learn. All the way from the ranch and bunk house to Fort Phantom’s cabins, wall tents, lean-to’s, cowboy tipis and racked out under a million stars.
We can provide custom events tailored to meet the needs of:
- School groups including boards, principals, teachers and students
- Land Based Retreats for men, women, young people or combination
- Land and horse based healing sessions
- Land Based frontier survival skills, train to use axes, knives, saws, cut fire wood, build cooking fires, put up tents, lean-to’s, shelters, tarps etc…
- Families or groups who want to get out on the land
- Individuals that feel the need to get away on their own
- All those wishing to re-connect with the true meaning of friends, family and community
Let’s Chat! Call Diane now @ 1-403-729-2910 for more details or email her using our Contact Page for more information about our Land Based Learning Programs.